Will Power capped a perfect weekend by winning the inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix. Power had the best time in Friday’s practice session and capturing the pole on Saturday, then Power breezed to his second straight IndyCar victory and sixth of the season Sunday with an outstanding performance on a difficult Baltimore street course.
Oriol Servia finished second and Tony Kanaan was third. Kanaan lost his brakes during a practice run Sunday morning, soared over Helio Castroneves‘ car and had to drive a backup nonetheless Izod IndyCar points leader Dino Franchitti finished fourth.
- Will Power wins Baltimore Grand Prix (denverpost.com)
- IndyCar Crash Video: Tony Kanaan Flies Over Helio Castroneves In Baltimore (sbnation.com)
- IndyCar: Baltimore Grand Prix Qualifying Results (autoandracingnews.wordpress.com)
- Will Power wins IndyCar event; NASCAR race is postponed to Tuesday | Auto racing (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Will Power claims inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix (theglobeandmail.com)
- Kanaan, Castroneves survive scary pre-race moment (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Power holds off Servia to win inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix (tsn.ca)
- IndyCar: 2011 Grand Prix of Baltimore Race Results (autoandracingnews.wordpress.com)
- IndyCar Crash Video: Watch Tony Kanaan Launch off Helio into Wall (bleacherreport.com)