Navy set the tone in the fourth quarter, The Midshipmen rushed for 296 yards and took advantage Army mistakes “Three Army turnovers” that might have cost Army the game, The Midshipmen, finished the year at 5-7, Army finishes the season at 3-9, The black knights was led by Raymond Maples and Malcolm Brown, who each had 82 yards rushing. The Black Knights had 298 yards on the ground, but completed just four passes.
Army had one last chance late in the game, driving to the Navy’s 25, A touchdown would have likely sealed the game, However Army was stopped on a fourth-and-seven play for a one-yard loss, Notwithstanding Navy freshman fullback Noah Copeland #43 upended Army punt returner Scott Williams #10 causing Williams to fumble the ball at the ARMY 27 early in the 4th that all but ending the game for Navy’s 10th straight win in the series Navy defeats Army 27-21 for the tenth consecutive time in front of 82,000 at Fed EX Field in Landover Md.
The series now stands at 56-49-7, Next year’s game returns to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Navy Beats Army For 10th Time In A Row, 27-21 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Army-Navy Game History: Midshipmen Lead 111-Game Series Over Black Knights (sbnation.com)
- Navy beats Army for 10th time in a row (cbsnews.com)
- U.S. Navy’s 13th Company To Run Army-Navy Football To Fed Ex Field (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- President Obama To Attend Army/Navy Game (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Obama to attend Army-Navy game (sfgate.com)
- It’s a decade of dominance for Navy (nypost.com)
- Navy Holds Its Ground and Extends Its Winning Streak (nytimes.com)
- Army-Navy Game 2011: Spread Info, Line and Predictions (bleacherreport.com)
- Obama Tosses Coin At Army-Navy Game (myfoxny.com)